Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that Industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filing on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.
1. Choose the two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which it operates.
2. Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two (2) forces in the recent past.
3. With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
4. Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity, Justify your answer.
5. Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weakness. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices. 6. Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
7. Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they can create using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
8. Use at least three (3) quality references. THE SPECIFIC COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT ARE; Identify how six segments of the general environment affect an industry, Identify the five forces of competition, Analyze the external environment for opportunities and threats that impact the firm. Analyze the internal environment of a company for strengths and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration and write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.